Thursday, August 23, 2012

Off the rails


Today I feel like I am going to fly off the proverbial rails.  It is a cloudy, overcast day.  I have tricked myself into believing that it’s a brisk winter morning, snow falling slowly from the sky.  Apparently, I have fooled myself into believing I am still in Maryland, since it doesn’t snow in Georgia, but that is beside the point.  The only thing I need to make this brisk winter morning (in August!) bearable is a mocha; a venti peppermint mocha from Starbucks.  Mmmmmmmmmmm!  I can almost taste the collision of peppermint and chocolate burning my throat as I gulp it down.  I would pair my peppermint mocha with an oven-warmed croissant.  I would slowly tear it piece by piece, savoring every buttery bite.  Obviously, I have put no thought into this. 


There is a Starbucks just down the road.  It has a drive-thru and my driver’s side window now works.  For the last few months, it wouldn’t roll down.  Maybe I should have left my malfunctioning driver’s side window broken.  Then I wouldn’t be tempted.  H-E-L-P!

2 comments:

  1. Don't do it. It never feels good afterwards! You are such an inspiration and I read your blog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I didn't go to Starbucks that day. In fact, I didn't leave the house that day because I knew I would go! I am trying to keep my cravings in check, but it's hard sometimes. Thank for reading!

      Delete