Thursday, August 22, 2013

August cheat...

I broke down last Friday and used my August cheat.  I ate a York peppermint patty, a few gluten free / dairy free Oreo-type cookies, fried okra, and a drank full strength sweet tea.  I ate and drank these delicious things throughout the course of an entire day, not in one sitting.  Oreo's and okra don't really go well together.  The only thing I ate that I would have considered a cheat during 365 part one was the fried okra. Otherwise, I would have eaten everything else happily and gone along my merry way. You can see by what is listed above that I have a teensy tiny problem with sugar.  This is obviously something I have to work on... still.

I've decided that my new program is too restrictive.  I'm not sure if I am just being a whiner who wants a constant flow of chocolate entering her system, or if it really is too restrictive.  I am leaning toward the too restrictive side, although I do love chocolate.  I am not really sure how to remedy this.  I could add dark chocolate back to the mix, but I am not sure if that is the solution.  What's funny is my "food is fuel" husband thinks it is too restrictive, and if he thinks it's too restrictive, it probably is.  For now, I am going to try to keep pushing forward -- although images of ice cream are currently dancing in my head.  Maybe 365 part two will get easier with time or maybe I will have to figure something else out.  Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I think if it makes eating a chore and a burden then it might be too restrictive. Or if you are feeling like it is some kind of prison term then... :)

    Good job so far!

    ReplyDelete