Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's been 10 months...

It's been 10 months since I started my flab to fab challenge.  10 months since I gave up gluten, dairy, and large amounts of sugar.  Although math is not my strong suit, I am pretty sure that means I only have two months left until my year is over.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  I am proud that I have made it this far with only a few deviations!  And on July 22, I intend to have a huge deviation and eat an entire pizza.  But, for right now I am going to keep my eyes on the pizza, er... I mean prize.    

Over the course of the next two months I plan to work as hard as I can to lose a bit more body fat.  I saw a photo of myself from this past weekend at the beach (in a swim suit), and I was not happy.  Instead of having a pity party about it, I am going to use it as motivation and hit the gym extra hard -- as soon as I kick this upper respiratory infection.  I thought at the end of this 12 months, I would be a muscular, fit, beast of a woman.  Turns out it is going to take a little more time, but that's fine by me.  At least I am on my way.

As far as my stats for this month are concerned, my weight loss has pretty much plateaued.  I knew that would happen and I am happy with where I am sitting right now.  I am still about 16 pounds under where I was when I started this challenge and 11 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.  Not to shabby as far as I am concerned.  Like I said, I have more body fat to lose, but I think that will come with time.    

Last weekend, my sister, mom, and I competed in the Turtle Crawl 5K.  My sister came in second place  in her age group and my mom came in fourth place in her age group.  I stayed with my mom the entire race and I am super proud of her for accepting the challenge and competing in her first 5K!  She was beaming as she crossed the finish line.  Next year, she and my sister are again going to compete in the 5K, and I think I am going to bite the bullet and train for the Turtle Crawl Sprint Triathlon that occurs at the same time as the 5K.  We'll see if I actually commit, it is a year away.

I am excited to see what happens in the next two months.

My sister's second place medal.

A little post race hydration.  Who doesn't drink beer at 9:00 am?  

No comments:

Post a Comment