Friday, July 27, 2012

Preparation and my first week

You may wonder how I prepared myself to begin this 365 challenge.  It’s pretty simple actually; I ate!  Macaroni and cheese, cupcakes, Twinkies, ice cream, Cheetos, brownies, and iced sugar cookies from my favorite bakery in town, where the icing to cookie ratio is 10 to 1.  I also drank about a gallon of sweet tea from McDonalds and anywhere else I could get my hands on it.  After I woke from my sugar coma, I was ready to face this challenge head on!

People have been asking how I feel after giving up gluten, dairy, and sugar.  Overall, I feel pretty well.  I had a significant sugar headache for a few days as I came off of my above-mentioned sugar binge.  I have yet to crave any gluten-laden treats or dairy.  As you can see from what I ate before beginning my challenge (above), I have a small issue with sugar.  I am, therefore, craving sugar like a kid on Halloween.  For now, fruit seems to satiate that craving.  I have also found that I am a bit hungrier than normal.  I am in the process of determining if my hunger is directly related to caloric deficiency or if it is attributed to a lack of cupcakes in my diet.     


I added my nutrition and physical training logs for the week to the applicable tabs above. You will probably notice that I eat the same things over and over again, especially for breakfast and lunch.  I have found that proper preparation prevents poor performance.  Because I know I will use any excuse to eat poorly, I make all of my breakfasts and lunches on Sunday and then eat them throughout the week.  All I have to do is open the fridge and grab a Tupperware container.  Most people think it is boring and monotonous, but it’s a win-win for me!  By the way, tracking every morsel you put in your mouth is an absolute pain in the rump roast!   

As far as my first complete week goes, I think I was successful.  I wouldn’t give myself an A+, but I think I did well.  As the weeks come, I know they will get more challenging.  Temptation will rear its ugly head and doubt will creep in.  I am going to take it one day at a time, and do the best I can.  If I fall down one day, I will do better the next.  7 down, 358 to go!

3 comments: