Sunday, July 29, 2012

Unfair advantages

In good faith, I feel like I need to disclose a few unfair advantages I have in completing this challenge.  First and foremost is my husband.  He is incredibly dedicated in both his training and nutrition.  He doesn’t eat gluten or sugar, and hasn’t for some time.  I was always the evil one trying to get him to fall off of his program and join me in Candy Land.  My husband is also my very own personal trainer.  He programs all of my physical conditioning, including both metcons and strength workouts.  He works in the physical conditioning world, so who better to program my workouts?


Second, I have a gym in my garage.  I don’t have to get in the car to go to the gym. I can walk into my garage and work out when the mood strikes me.  Having a garage gym is great, except for the fact that there is no air conditioning.  I live in southeast Georgia, where the heat and humidity run rampant for about five months out of the year.  Yes, I am from Arizona.  No, that doesn’t make working out in the heat any better.  I haven’t figured out if training in the heat is making me tougher or more stupid. 

Third, from mid-April through the end of May, I did a practice run of this nutrition program.  I didn’t eat gluten, dairy, or sugar during this six-week time frame and saw considerable results.  This short period of time gave me the confidence to know I am capable of surviving while eating this way.  Let’s hope I can make it longer than six weeks this time around!

I may have three unfair advantages that give me a leg-up in this challenge, but I also have day-to-day obstacles that make training and eating healthfully difficult.  What gets in the way of your fitness goals?

6 comments:

  1. 1 word...FOOD! I just love food, and not the candy/sweet food that you love. I just sometimes over eat but have been trying to be more aware of what goes into my mouth and how much. I am excited to get back to school so that my gym is right at my fingertips again. Only about one more week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same food issues. I just try and take it one day at at time! You can do it!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for being a great inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fellow in the white shirt looks so smart and charming!

    ReplyDelete