Friday, September 21, 2012

Two months down, 10 to go!

Month two is in the books!  Let me begin by apologizing for being an absentee blogger.  We’ve had family in town, my husband’s been out of town, and my baby had a crazy allergic reaction to something that almost landed him in the ER.  Needless to say, I’ve been a bit busy. 

As I reflect on month two, I have determined that my nutrition program has gotten substantially easier.  Most of my crazy sugar, gluten, dairy, and junk cravings have subsided.  I find it easier to select healthy, nutritious foods and pass on those I would regret eating.  In fact, sometimes I crave green beans.  Don’t get me wrong, I still have my moments.  If someone dropped off chocolate chip cookies on my doorstep, I would probably eat all of them in one sitting.  (Don’t even think about it Rebecca!)

As an aside, this month I decided to give up peanut butter, dried apricots, and raisins.  Each one was having a negative affect on my stomach.  The hardest to say good-bye to was peanut butter.  Tear!

My physical training program, on the other hand, has gotten harder.  This isn’t a bad thing, and is completely intentional.  I am pushing myself harder and trying to achieve personal records each time I hit the gym.  If I have a bad day in the gym, I acknowledge that it sucked and I move on.  I don’t beat myself up over it.  Everyone has bad days.


People always ask about my weight loss, so here it is.  I have lost more weight this month than I did last month.  Although I still have a bit of a new mommy tummy, my pre-pregnancy clothes F-I-T.  I feel like I am going shopping every time I step into my closet.  Euphoria!  More importantly, my husband told me he thinks I look fitter now than I did BEFORE I got pregnant with our son.  I am not sure any compliment could top that!

The bottom line is this, what I am doing is working for me.  It is hard and tedious and requires a lot of planning and diligence, but it works.  I am super excited to see how I feel in 302 days.   

If you like the shirt above or others I have previously posted, you can find them for sale at http://www.lifeasrx.com/.  

No comments:

Post a Comment