Saturday, December 29, 2012

I cheated!

I did it, even though I knew it was a bad idea.  I knew I would regret it and kick myself for it, but I did it anyway.  I cheated on my diet.  It was my sweet baby's first birthday, and I knew I wasn't going to be able to resist his birthday cake.  So I made a day of it.  Five months of clean eating out the window for one day of gleefully eating anything I could get my hands on. And guess what?  It sucked... so, so bad!  


Below is a log of what I ate that day.  My friend, training partner, and neighbor told me this was a pathetic cheat day, but it messed my world (and stomach) up.

Breakfast - 1 banana, 2 pieces of sausage, 2 eggs, 1 corn tortilla, and water. I obviously eased my way into the day and ate a pretty normal breakfast.

Snack - 1 grande, decaf, soy peppermint mocha with no whip cream. DELICIOUS!  I could drink these daily, and I probably used to.


Lunch - an 8-inch club on a sub from Firehouse Subs, a diet caffeine free coke, and 7 Cheetos.  I used to be absolutely in love with Cheetos.  I could only stomach 7 of them before I almost tossed my mocha.  GROSS!  I will never eat Cheetos again as long as I live.  That being said, the diet caffeine free coke was divine, as was the sandwich.


Snack - 1 medium sweet tea, 2 bites of chocolate chip cookie dough, 1 freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, and several bites of my baby boy's birthday cake.  After this nutritious snack, I thought my teeth might rot right out of my head.  My teeth actually hurt, as did my stomach, and my head for that matter.

  


Dinner - 1 bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys, water, and 1 chocolate chip cookie.  I baked the chocolate chip cookies as a Christmas present to my neighbors.  As I was putting them into bags to take  across the street, one broke in half.  I couldn't bring myself to put a broken cookie into a gift bag, so I ate it.  At that moment I decided that I would have rather taken a butt kicking.  I could barely eat the darn cookie.  It was actually painful to finish it.


Shortly after I finished the above-mentioned cookie, I crawled into bed.  I was trying to escape the mental fog that was starting to envelop me.  I felt so incredibly ill that I wanted to go to sleep as quickly as possible.  I wanted to wake up and feel better, but I didn't.  I felt like I had the worst hangover of my life.  I had a headache for THREE days.  My stomach is only starting to get back to normal and it has been over a week.

Will I ever cheat on my diet again and risk feeling terrible?  Probably, but hopefully not until my 365 day challenge is over.  What I can say is that I will never eat as many "cheat" things in one day again, and that's a promise!  

4 comments:

  1. I think that it was that unnatural blue icing that sent you over the edge... not the cheetos... can't be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you wrote this, because the other day I cheated too! I felt so bad and my stomach was so upset! Tmi but it stuffed me up, and my stomach hurt so bad! I also felt so depressed. It's crazy how food really affects us. Have you watched that movie "hungry for change"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food not only affects your digestive tract, but it also affects the dopamine receptors in your brain. Those are the same receptors that are impacted by drugs and alcohol. So, you can legitimately be addicted to the feeling you get when you eat. That's why you have to give yourself some time to adjust. :)

      Delete