Thursday, February 21, 2013

SEVEN months down...

It's been seven whole months since I started this journey.  SEVEN!  At the beginning, I would've never imagined that I'd make it this far.  I've still only had one cheat day.  My willpower -- at times -- shocks me.  The old me never would have been able to turn down doughnuts or ice cream cake. Although, I am on the downhill side of this challenge (only five months left!), it doesn't make it easier.  New obstacles pop up every day that try to throw me off track.  Each day, I do the best that I can to try to make a healthier me.

If you recall, last month was a bust.  It was the first month where I didn't lose a single pound, and to top it off, I was a slug.  My motivation was missing and try as I might, I couldn't seem to locate it. This month, I decided to see if there was a reason for my lack of motivation.  I started using a program called LoseIt to track my protein, carb, and fat intake.  After a week of tracking, I noticed the problem.  My protein intake was low and my carb intake was on the high side.  No wonder I was tired and hungry all of the time!  As soon as I increased my protein intake and decreased my carb consumption, I started to feel better.  It's funny how your body "speaks" to you sometimes.

Another pleasant surprise to getting my diet back on track was weight loss! I am two pounds down from where I was last month.  I realize two pounds is not a huge weight loss, but I will take it.  Since I began this challenge on July 21, 2012, I have lost 16 pounds.  I am now 11 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.  I really don't think I will get much lower than my current weight, and I am fine with that.  As long as I keep losing body fat, I will be a happy camper.       

This month, I have stayed pretty consistent with my PT.  I plan to make some changes to my PT program next month, but stay tuned for those.  My sister and I have a 5K on Saturday that I am excited and terrified to run. The truth is, I am super competitive.  I want to get a PR in the race, but I am having weird abdominal pain.  Every time I run lately, I get excruciating pain on my left side.  The pain lasts for DAYS after I run.  I noticed yesterday it hurt when I carried my son around as I walked.  I will make a doctor's appointment after my race.  I swear if I have to walk the 5K, I am going to be ridiculously furious.  I have worked my booty off to prepare myself for this race, and I am not going to let some mystery medical issue get in my way.  Gosh, I am stubborn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment