Sunday, July 21, 2013

365 days down...

... zero to go!  It's been 365 days since I began this crazy challenge.  Can you believe it's been a year?  Can you believe that I made it a year?  My answers to those questions are no and no, just in case you were curious. When I started this challenge, my bity baby was seven months old.  He's now a 19-month old toddler.  Oh how time flies... excuse me while I wipe my tears.  

Anyway, here we are a year later.  Let's recap... I was not supposed to eat gluten, dairy, or large amounts of sugar during the past year.  I think I did quite well, only cheating eight times.  Eight times in 12 months is quite respectable as far as I am concerned.  I am shocked that my number of cheats was not higher.  I will admit that I ate more sugar on a day to day basis than I originally intended.  As I have admitted in the past, I have a small addiction to sugar.  This is something I am going to address in the next year, possibly in a new challenge.

As a reminder, this was me a year ago:

Height – 5’8”
Weight – 160 pounds
Body Fat Percentage – 27% *



Drumroll please....

These are my current stats:

Height – 5’8”
Weight – 145 pounds
Body Fat Percentage – 22% *



* As a reference point, 25% body fat is considered overweight and 30% body fat is considered obese.  The average woman's body fat is 33%, while the average man's is 22%.  

I am quite pleased with where I ended up!  I would have liked my body fat to be 20% or below, but I will take a 5% body fat loss and a 15 pound weight loss any day.  At the beginning of this challenge when I visualized myself on this day, I saw a lean, muscular woman.  I am not quite as lean or muscular as I had hoped, but I am getting there slowly.  I have learned throughout this process that body fat does not melt off quickly.  There are no tricks or magic pills.  Hard work and dedication are the only ways to get there.  I am patiently trying to reach my goals, and hope that one day I will be that lean and muscular woman.  In the meantime, does anyone know the phone number for Papa John's?

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Kell!!!!! You look wonderful and your dedication and honesty are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!!!! I think that you look lean and muscular - but if you want to look leaner and more muscular well by all means you know how to work towards that. Don't OD on your off limit stuff - you'll just feel sick! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete