Friday, July 12, 2013

My unhealthy obsession with the scale...

I weigh myself obsessively every morning, letting the number the reads across the digital scale dictate my mood for the day.  I know it's just a number.  I know it's unhealthy and stupid and self-destructive, but I cannot stop myself.  However, over 4th of July weekend, something wonderful happened.  I didn't weigh myself... not one time.  This is mostly attributed to the fact that we were in Tennessee spending time with our wonderful family, but it is also because I made a conscience decision not to.  I sat around my mother-in-laws kitchen table and ate and laughed and felt loved.  I didn't count calories or enter my food consumption into the LoseIt program on my phone.  I just lived.  And had fun.  And cheated by eating cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats, and chips.  And when I weighed myself when I got home, I'd lost two pounds.  Lesson learned.        

1 comment: