Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The aftermath...

In the aftermath of my 365 day challenge, I have eaten the following things:

An entire box of Kraft macaroni and cheese
A pint of Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream
A blueberry muffin
Several homemade chocolate chip cookies
A pepperoni, mozzarella, and ricotta calzone
A Kit Kat bar
A large sweet tea
A Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich

I need to eat a Firehouse sub and some Five Guys and then I'm tapping out.   I may die if I continue eating this way for too long.  I feel terrible. Eating has turned into a horrible job that I dread.  Food doesn't even sound good; I'm just eating junk because I can.  My stomach is in a big knot, I'm exhausted, sleeping poorly, and foggy headed.  I did PR on a couple of workouts this week, but that's because I was blowing off some steam.  Today's workout was awful and left me nauseous for hours.

The bottom line is I need to go back on some type of program soon -- like in the next couple days.  I also may start a new challenge.  As soon as I decide exactly what I am going to do, you will be the first to know.  In the meantime, I will be eating myself sick.  I'm obviously a glutton for punishment (pun intended).

3 comments:

  1. I feel like there is a lot of negative psychology in your description of eating... horrible job, punishment, challenge, eating junk because you can. At the beginning of the challenge you might have also felt similarly... it was a punishment for years of "bad eating", a challenge in self discipline, a chore, restrictive and uninteresting. Maybe try to remember that food and eating is/can also be enjoyable, satisfying, a way to bring people together or to share or even to take care of yourself - remember in your post about the 4th? Or maybe we could each try and set all the psychology aside and remember that eating is the way we sustain ourselves, literally.

    ReplyDelete