Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The new plan...

What happens when I eat what I want for ten days, you ask?  I gain six pounds!  WHAT?!  I realize most of that is water weight, but it is good reminder that I need to properly fuel my body.  Last year's 365 challenge was not just a fun challenge to do, it was a lifestyle change that I want to continue.  That being said, read below for what the next 365 days have in store for me.

Beginning on August 1, I am going to restart my 365 day challenge from last year.  We will call that 365 part one (I realize I am a nerd, there is no need to point it out).  365 part one is going to be coupled with a new, more restrictive plan.  365 part two is going to consist of the following:

  • No gluten
  • No dairy
  • No sugar - this is where I am going to get more restrictive.  I've said many times that I have an issue with sugar.  During 365 part one, I allowed myself to eat dark chocolate, gluten free / dairy free baked goods, soy ice cream, vegan treats, and half sweet / half un-sweet iced tea.  Those items will not be allowed during 365 part two.  They were not supposed to be allowed during part one either, but I am weak.  
  • No processed foods - I am not going to get crazy on this and say I won't eat anything that's processed.  I'm not a complete nut.  I am going to eat salsa and jarred tomato sauce.  Throw me off the island if you must.  I just don't want to eat products that have ingredients I cannot pronounce or recognize. 
  • Portion size counts - I am going to be very conscience of portion size.  I don't need to eat as much as my husband, although that sounds like fun.  He outweighs me by forty pounds and trains like an athlete.  He needs to eat 4,000 calories a day (this may be a slight exaggeration), but I don't.      

I know what you're thinking, "What the heck are you going to eat?!" Whole foods.  No, not the store.  Fruits, vegetables, meat / protein, nuts, seeds, etc.  I will allow myself to keep my iced tea k-cups, because I am not a robot and let's be honest, I'm addicted.  I am also going to allow myself one cheat day per calendar month.  I think having one cheat day per calendar month will help me stay on track -- and somewhat sane.  Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment