Thursday, October 18, 2012

Physical Training Log... Remixed!

I started this week off with my normal heavy lifts.  I figured I would stick with my same routine.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  Wrong!  After deadlifting and bench pressing on the same day, I realized "it" was broke. And by "it", I mean my back.  So I went to my trainer aka husband and begged for mercy.  He's been telling me for weeks that my volume is too high, and I need to dial my training back a notch.  After a bit of groveling and the painful admission that he was right, he reworked my training.

I am going to lay off the heavy lifting for a few weeks and concentrate solely on light, easy, body weight metabolic conditioning workouts.  I am going to walk, run, row, and throw in some light weights from time to time. I am going to complete each workout slowly and methodically.  I am not going to worry about blazing through them.  I just want to keep my body moving while allowing it to heal.  We are going to reevaluate my program in a couple of weeks and remix it again, if necessary.

Remember, the workouts listed below are a representation of what I completed this week.  Please consult your physician before beginning a physical training program.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Deadlift (5 repetitions of each) – 65, 70, 85, 90, 105, 125

Bench Press (5 repetitions of each) – pushups, 45, 50, 55, 60, 70

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Run to the neighbor's mailbox and back
Snatch x 5
Overhead squat x 5
Snatch balance x 5
Complete 3 rounds
= 8:21

* The distance to the mailbox and back is approximately 1/2 a lap on the track.
* I did each of the calisthenics with no weight.  I used a plastic PVC pipe instead.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Row x 500 meters
Weighted squats (25 pounds) x 5
30 second plank x 1
Complete 3 rounds
= 11:31

No comments:

Post a Comment