Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Four months down...

Can you believe it has been FOUR months since I started this challenge?!  I can’t either.  Time is seriously flying by.  Before I know it, my 12-month challenge will be over and I will have to report my final results.  It only scares me slightly to have to put my body weight and body fat percentage on the Internet again!  But, since I don’t have to do that for another eight months, I am going to put it out of my mind. 

On to happier things!  Results: I am now five pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight!  Can I get a woot-woot?!  More importantly than weight loss, my pre-pregnancy clothes fit better than ever.  I use this as my litmus test, because it can be a good indicator of body fat loss and body fat loss is the cat’s meow.  I don't think I am going to see huge changes in weight loss in the coming months, but I do hope to keep the body fat loss rolling!

My workouts are now getting a bit better.  If you have been following my physical training blog posts, you will know that I've decided not to lift heavy weights again until 2013.  I am using this time to let my lower back heal.  I have been enjoying my running and metabolic conditioning workouts (as much as you can enjoy those).  It is actually a nice change of pace for me.  Although, the fact that I am getting weaker is making me crazy.  It's a vicious cycle, I guess.

This is me doing an overhead squat.  Please excuse my albino legs.  It is November, although my legs would probably be the same color in July.

FYI, I may let my food log go by the wayside.  Have you ever tried to write down every single piece of food that goes into your mouth?  Try it!  It is a full time job.  Being that I already have one of those, I think I may stop keeping track of my food intake.  That is, unless my throngs of loyal fans oppose (all eight of you).  I will, of course, disclose if I "cheat" on my diet at any time.    

Speaking of food, as of right now I have not “cheated” on my diet.  That is four months of clean eating!  I am pretty proud of myself, as I doubted my ability at the beginning of this challenge.  I will admit that I am pretty glad I get to post about this before Thanksgiving.  I think Thanksgiving will be the biggest test of willpower I've had thus far.  You see, while I am not the best cook in the world, I have family members who are.  Cakes, pies, cookies, macaroni and cheese, homemade biscuits, cornbread dressing, and the like are going to be staring me in the face in a few short days.  Can I say no?  Can I walk away and not go cry in the corner?  I’ve spent the past four months eating according to my “rules”.  I don’t really want to fail now, with only eight months left.  But, boy oh boy is it going to be a challenge!  I guess only time will tell.  No matter what happens on Thanksgiving, I only have eight months to go!  I can’t wait to see where I am then!



No comments:

Post a Comment