Friday, November 2, 2012

Physical Training Log

Let me begin by saying my heart goes out to everyone sifting though their water soaked lives in New York and New Jersey.  In 2005, Terry and I lost most of our belongings to a flood.  I know what it feels like to sift through your worldly possessions, hoping to find one dry treasure.  The only piece of advice I have is to hold on to your loved ones, they are irreplaceable.  All of the "stuff" can be replaced and fixed.

On to the PT!  I decided to try my hand at lifting this week.  I've had a few weeks off, and I decided to see what happened.  My workout went fine.  I found one repetition maxes on the overhead press and back squat.  I was excited, as I had improved from the last time I found my one repetitions maxes.  Then it happened... I was standing at the sink brushing my teeth and my back seized up.  I thought I was going to fall to the floor.  At that moment, I decided I am not lifting heavy weights for the rest of the year. So much for being able to hulk smash people.  I am going to concentrate on running and metabolic conditioning workouts (metcons).  I will put the deadlift, back squat, and overhead press into my metcons, but I am not doing them separately.  It is causing my back too many issues, and for goodness sake, I love carrying around my 20 pound boy!


Remember, the workouts listed below are a representation of what I completed this week.  Please consult your physician before beginning a physical training program.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Run/walk my neighborhood loop
= 18:45

* This loop is approximately 1.5 miles.  I probably ran a little over 1 mile and walked the rest as a warm-up and cool down.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Press (find a 1 rep max) – 45, 55, 65, 70, 80

* On 05/17/12, my 1 rep max was 75 pounds

Back Squat (find 1 rep max) – 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105, 115

* On 05/14/12, my 1 rep max was 105

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Run to the entrance of the neighborhood and back
Overhead squats (18 pounds) x 10
Run to the stop sign and back
Overhead squats (18 pounds) x 15
Run to the farther than normal mailbox and back
Overhead squats (18 pounds) x 20
= 15:54

* The total distance I ran was approximately 1 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment