Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful

During the month of November, many Facebook users list what they are thankful for each day.  Instead of participating via Facebook, I thought I would express what I am thankful for on my blog.  I actually stole this idea from my sister-in-law (thanks Martha)! This year, I find myself more thankful than ever. 

First and foremost, I am thankful for my husband.  Without him life would be boring, quiet, and far less humorous.  He loves me for who I am and vice versa.  I don’t have to worry about him judging me or trying to change me.  Our relationship may not be perfect, but it works perfectly for us.  


I am thankful for my baby boy.  God blessed us with the most wonderful, sweet, loving baby boy.  For that I am eternally grateful.  His laugh, big mouth smile, and sweet smooches make every day worthwhile.  I cannot imagine life without him!

I am thankful for the ability to be a stay-at-home mom.  It is not a glamorous job, but it is the best job for me.  You may not agree with it or understand why I gave up my career, but that doesn’t matter to me.  What matters is spending as much time as I can with my sweet boy while I can.  One day, he won’t want to snuggle or spend time with me, so I am going to take full advantage of it now.  Plus, who wants to wear work clothes anyway.  


I am thankful for my real friends.  Not the ones who just want something from me and give nothing in return.  I am thankful for the ones that know everything about me and love me anyway.  The ones I can call at 2:00 am for anything.  You know who you are, and I hope you know I am blessed to call you a friend.  


I am thankful for my family.  We are flawed, crazy, and strange.  But, we are family.  Some of my best memories involve my family.  I may not see them as much as I would like, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t at the forefront of my mind daily. 




I am thankful for my in-laws.  I pretty much struck the in-law lottery.  I have the kindest, friendliest, most wonderful in-laws a person could ask for.  They didn’t seem to bat an eye when their son/brother brought home a strange girl from the west coast.  Instead, they welcomed me into their family and here I’ve been for nine years. 



I am thankful for our home.  Our home is my safe haven, and I cannot imagine being anywhere else.  We’ve only been here a short time, but we’ve already made so many memories here. 


3 comments:

  1. It's been 9 years?! Wow! I am so glad Terry brought you into our lives, such a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha!! It sure has been 9 years. Terry asked me to marry him in December of 2003. Can you believe it?! Crazy!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice post! I've been thinking a lot this "season" about how truly fortunate I am and how easy it seems to be to forget that.

    ReplyDelete