Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's that time again...

Another month bites the dust!  It is time for my eight months down, four months to go check-in.  This month flew by.  We had a slew of visitors, events, and busy days, so this check-in snuck up on me.

I'm going to come right out and admit that one event threw me off track this month.  My husband and I went out on our first real date in almost 15 months.  It was an early anniversary present to ourselves.  We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then to a concert.  We attempted to behave like normal people, who weren't insanely worried about the sweet boy we left at home in the capable hands of a good friend of ours.  I only text messaged her 100 times that night.  That's normal right?  It's a good thing that she's keenly aware of how neurotic I am when it comes to my boy, and in general.  Now it's time for the admission... I ate bread and cheesecake at dinner.  The bread was divine.  I could have eaten every last morsel of it, although I limited myself to three teensy, tiny little pieces.  The cheesecake, however, wasn't very good.  I mean it tasted good, but it made me feel sick.  I actually stopped eating it after a few bites.  This reconfirmed that my stomach has serious issues with dairy.  It was a good thing I took lactose pills prior to ingesting the cheesecake; otherwise, the concert wouldn't have been pleasant for anyone.  I am happy to report that the entree I ordered was 100% in line with my flab to fab rules.  It's the small victories in life, isn't it?

It looks divine, doesn't it?!
As far as my physical training program is concerned, I have added strength training back in.  I am now snatching and doing back squats once a week, along with an interval based workout and a long cardio / metabolic conditioning workout.  So far, I really like it.  The workouts push me, but I still feel good.  My lower back isn't giving me trouble yet either, which I am super happy about.  I am hoping to stick with this programming through mid-May.  We'll see if that happens.

My stats for this month are as follows:

I am still 11 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and 16 pounds less than I was when I started this challenge.  I didn't see additional weight loss this month, but I am fine with that.  Since I added strength training back in, I didn't think I would see any weight loss.  I can tell that I am losing body fat though, as my clothes are still getting looser.  

I did fall off track this month, but I predicted that would happen in a previous post.  I am not going to beat myself up over it.  I am just going to jump back on the wagon and move on.  No sense in having a pity party. It's not like a meteor struck me down once I was done eating my treats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment