Monday, March 4, 2013

Muscle definition or lack thereof...

Lately I've been super disappointed with my lack of muscle definition.  I am seven months into this challenge, and I really thought I'd have some rock hard muscles by this point.  Unfortunately, I don't.  I suppose this could be attributed to my utter lack of weight training.  If you recall, towards the end of last year, I kept having issues with my lower back.  I decided that I would lay off the weight training and pick it back up at the beginning of 2013.  The problem -- I've found -- is that it's March of 2013, and I still haven't picked up a single barbell.  Hmmmm... I suppose I thought those muscles would just materialize.  Too bad it's not that easy.

I need to keep this in mind!

I have decided to run another 5K in May with my sister and my mom.  I need to train for this run, as I would like to attempt another PR. Hopefully, this one will occur sans side stitch.  Say that five times fast.  Hard right?! Don't be embarrassed to admit you tried it.  I also need to slowly pick weight training back up.

Here's the weekly plan:  I am going to complete a "long" workout on day one.  Long for me is greater than 20 minutes.  Day two is going to consist of interval work.  Hopefully, this will help me to decrease my mile split times.  Finally, day three is going to involve working on my snatch and back squat.  I am going to begin these lifts with low weights, and try to work my way back up to where I was at the end of last year.  I am going to mix and mingle these throughout the week, meaning that I may do a "long" workout on day three and a short workout on day one.  It's anarchy, I know.

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment