Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This detox sucks!

I am on day ten of the 21-Day Sugar Detox, and it sucks.  I am tired, grouchy, hungry, and craving sugar like it's oxygen.  The beginning of the challenge was a breeze for me.  It wasn't until I hit day five that things went south.  I had previously reported that I was feeling fuller longer after eating a meal.  Unfortunately for me, this is no longer the case.  In fact, I almost passed out mid-workout on day five.  That has never happened to me before, even in the extreme heat.  Do you know what my saving grace was as I limped into the house that afternoon?  Coconut water!  I am slowly getting used to the taste, but on that day it served it's purpose and made me feel human again.  You can think of coconut water as primitive man's gatorade.

Another lovely side effect that I am dealing with right now is sleep disruption.  I've slept very poorly for the past few days.  I wake up feeling exhausted, and anyone with a toddler knows you must get your rest.  I don't normally nap during the day, but I have been sneaking a short one when I can find the time.

Finally, I had a very stressful weekend, and I am a world renowned stress eater.  I wanted a cookie or a mocha or a stupid piece of fruit so bad I pouted.  It didn't help that my beloved husband ate Ben and Jerry's right in front of me.  While I did eat half a strawberry, I didn't come completely off the program.  I am not certain I can continue with this madness.  The cravings keep coming and show no sign of disappearing.  I am going to do my best to make it another 11 days, but this is hard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment