Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter fail...

I'm addicted to sugar.  There, I've said it.  I have been having a really hard time lately eating according to my rules, especially when it comes to sugar. Sugar has cast a spell on me, and I can't seem to come out of it.  At the beginning of this challenge, I don't feel like I had a hard time keeping sugar at bay.  Then I ate cake on my baby's first birthday, and I feel like it has been downhill ever since.  Each day, sugar wraps its fine crystals more tightly around me, like a snake does to its prey.  I try to get away, but I can't.  It just tastes too good.  

So here is my admission.  This weekend I ate soy ice cream.  It was far tastier than I thought it would be.  It didn't have gluten or dairy, so I don't really consider it a cheat.  Although, I probably should consider it a cheat due to the amount of sugar it contained.  Not too bad right?  Wrong.  Then I really cheated.  I ate a rather large cookie.  A chocolate chunk cookie from Starbucks to be exact.  It was divine and I savored every sugary bite. In case you were wondering, that cookie contained gluten, dairy, and sugar. Oops!

Do you see that beautiful cookie sitting there?  YUM!
 
Now I've cheated on my diet three times in almost nine months.  When you look at the totality of the time I've eaten cleanly, three times doesn't seem so bad.  However, I have decided that I need to recommit myself to this challenge, and I am doing that right now.  I am going to try to satiate my sugar cravings by eating fruit.  I can't promise that I am not going to cheat on my diet again, but I am sure going to try to do better.  Now, someone please hold me accountable because it is obvious that I can't be trusted!  As an aside, I realize there are far more serious issues in the world than eating a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment