Sunday, January 20, 2013

Halfway there!

It has been SIX months since I started this journey.  Can you believe that I have made it this far?  In six months I've lost 14 pounds and had one cheat day.  I am still pretty mad at myself over the cheat day.  I think my body had a hard time recovering from me treating it like a garbage disposal, so I really didn't see a single pound weight loss this month (no gains, but no losses either).  This will have been my first month without any weight loss. I could kick myself.

Since I am at the halfway point, I bit the bullet and asked my husband to check my body fat.  Body fat loss is more important to me than weight loss, and I was dying to know if it had changed.  I was terrified; what if I hadn't lost any body fat?  After what seemed like an eternity, my husband calculated that I'd lost 3% body fat.  When I started this journey, I was 27% body fat and I am now 24% body fat.  Yay for subtraction!  As a reference point, 25% body fat is considered overweight and 30% body fat is considered obese.  I am now out of the overweight category!  Can I get an AMEN?!  According to my calculations, I've been averaging a 0.5% monthly body fat loss.  I need to step it up a little, as I would like to end this journey 20% body fat or below.

Here's a photo from last weekend.  Sorry the lighting is weird, we get a lot of sun in our great room.  Or maybe it's my new, bright orange shirt that's blinding.

Since we ushered in 2013, I have had a marked decrease in motivation.  I could blame the cold weather or the fact that I have a toddler, but the real problem is me and my laziness.  I am not sure why I am unmotivated and lazy.  I just don't feel like doing anything, except playing with my son and spending time with my husband watching Amish Mafia.  Awesome right? This month, I am going to get off my booty and get back into the gym, after all I have a 5K coming up.  I am going to try out new recipes and limit my time aimlessly wandering around the Internet.  I've got to get back on track!  I cannot slip into old habits!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job! I think decreases in motivation are normal - everyone feels bllahhh about their diet or routine sometimes. Might as well try not to mentally beat yourself about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete