Thursday, January 10, 2013

Physical Training Log

Hello everyone!   Another week of PT has flown by, and I (of course) switched my program up mid-week.  Last week I said I was going to start snatching and back squatting.  I did snatch this week, but I was F-A-R too sore to back squat.  I may wait to resume that lift until I've run the 5K I am doing in February.  Also, I think I may take next week off.  I am tired, sore, and feel like I need a break.  The weather is supposed to be amazing next week, so I will try to walk with my baby a few times if I do end up taking the week off.

Remember, the workouts listed below are a representation of what I completed this week.  Please consult your physician before beginning a physical training program.  If you are starting a physical training program as a part of a New Year's resolution, begin slowly.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Run the neighborhood loop twice
= 31:56

* According to mapmyrun.com, I ran approximately 3.15 miles.  This is only the second time I've been able to run this loop twice.  My time was about a minute slower this week, but that's fine with me.  Completing the run was my goal.  

Monday, January 7, 2013

Snatch technique work with the help of the world's most handsome trainer (my hubby)
-and-
Sprint to the end of the street
Walk back to the starting point
Complete 4 rounds
= 1:03, 1:01, 1:02, 1:03

* I used my brand new 15 kilo bar for the snatch work.  For those of you who don't know, 15 kilos equals 33 pounds.  Also, according to mapmyrun.com, each sprint distance was 0.16 miles for a total of 0.64 miles sprinted.  This is what caused my legs to be too sore to back squat. Sprints stink!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Run to my farthest neighbor's mailbox and back
Overhead squat (15K) x 5 
Complete 5 rounds
= 15:24

* According to mapmyrun.com, the run portion of this workout was approximately 1 mile.

Have a super weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment