Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beating myself up...

I have spent the last two weeks beating myself up.  And, I'm not talking about working hard in the gym.  I am talking about emotionally beating myself up.  I'm not a good mom, I'm not losing enough weight, I'm eating more food than I'd like to be, I'm not attractive, my house is a wreck, I don't work out enough, I have a gut, blah, blah, blah... the list goes on and on.  I just came back from a fabulous new mom's group that I've been going to for the past couple of months, and do you know what I realized? My sweet boy doesn't care about any of these things.  He just wants his mama to scoop him up after another child bonks him on the head with a cell phone.  He wants me to kiss him and throw him up in the air.  He doesn't care if I eat five squares of dark chocolate and drink too much tea, nor does he care that my hair has been in a pony tail every day for over a year.  He just wants his mama.  It took hanging out with these wonderful women, watching our children play, for me to realize that.  My heart is full.

This is an oldie, but a goodie.

1 comment:

  1. I understand well the cycle of beating yourself up. I am glad you were able to glimpse the uselessness of it and how it not only makes you feel bad but robs you of joy and pleasure in things large and small. :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete