Sunday, January 27, 2013

Physical Training Log

Last week I got off my lazy booty and worked out!  I was elated with my run time on Saturday.  I set a personal record (PR) for myself, and I couldn't be happier.  Perhaps, taking a week off did my body some good. Working out this week is going to be a challenge.  We have a lot going on in the evenings, so I will have to sneak workouts while my baby is napping. We'll see if that actually happens.

Remember, the workouts listed below are a representation of what I completed last week.  Please consult your physician before beginning a physical training program.  If you are starting a physical training program as a part of a New Year's resolution, begin slowly.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Run the neighborhood loop twice
= 30:41 (PR!)

* According to mapmyrun.com, I ran approximately 3.15 miles.  This is the third time I've been able to run this distance, and it was my fastest!  Sweet!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Snatch technique work with the help of the world's most handsome trainer (my hubby)
-and-
Snatch balance (15 kilos) x 3
Farmer's walk to the end of the driveway and back (45 pound plate) x 2
Complete 5 rounds
-then-
Complete 3:00 of planks
= 14:00

* I used my brand new 15 kilo bar for the snatch work.  For those of you who don't know, 15 kilos equals 33 pounds.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Run to the end of my street and back
-then-
Overhead squat (15 kilos) x 10
Burpees x 5
Complete 5 rounds
= 12:07

*According to mapmyrun.com, the run portion of this workout was approximately 0.33 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment