Friday, January 4, 2013

Physical Training Log

I did it, I did it!  Two days before the end of 2012, I reached my goal of running my neighborhood loop twice.  I should mention that it was 32 degrees when I started my run, and I still finished!  3.15 miles is probably a short distance to most people, but not for me.  I am quite happy I ended 2012 by reaching my goal.  I am running a 5K in February with my sister (a legit runner), and now it doesn't seem quite as daunting.

My sister (the runner) and my mom.
Now that we've rung in the new year, I am going to switch my training up... again!  I am going to start lifting again, focusing most of my attention on the back squat and snatch.  Also, instead of completing metabolic conditioning workouts each week, I am going to focus on running.  After I complete the above-mentioned 5K, I will start metabolic conditioning workouts again.  I look forward to lifting again, and I even have a new women's weight bar (15 kilos) arriving Monday from Rogue Fitness.  If you've never checked out Rogue Fitness' website (www.roguefitness.com), I suggest you do so.  They have an awesome array of equipment, and their customer service is outstanding.

Remember, the workouts listed below are a representation of what I completed this week.  Please consult your physician before beginning a physical training program.  If you are starting a physical training program as a part of a New Year's resolution, begin slowly.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Run the neighborhood loop twice
= 30:58

* This loop is a little over 1.5 miles.  According to mapmyrun.com, I ran approximately 3.15 miles.  YAY!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Row x 100 meters
Dumbbell snatch (20 pounds) x 10
High to low planks x 7
Complete 7 rounds
= 14:28

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Run to the end of my street and back
-then-
Burpees x 10
Ball slams (25 pounds) x 10
Complete 5 rounds
= 13:04

* According to mapmyrun.com, the run portion of this workout was approximately 0.33 miles.

Happy New Year!  I hope 2013 brings all of your hearts desires!  Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I am so worried about my 5k! I am going to run walk it, and sure will take twice as long as yours lol! Which one are u doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will do great! Don't stress about how long it takes, just have fun! I am doing a local one with my sister called the Super Dolphin Day 5K. It is on one of the islands around where I live. She's a real runner though, so I am worried about keeping up with her.

      Delete
  2. Its nice of you and kinda funny that you keep saying that I am "real" runner - you are a real runner too - people who run are runners. Don't diminish your real efforts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point, but you are a real, real runner. HA!

      Delete